Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Time has flown!

My goodness, how time has flown. It seems only a few years ago when a young minister named Les Stahlke, who was our former Pastoral Advisor for the ABC District Walther League Executive, floated past us the idea of having a “flying ministry” for the remote communities in northern Alberta. God blessed the endeavour and the rest is history. As a young man in the 70’s pursuing grad studies and having many doubts about the organized church and how it works, I found that my faith in God’s work was restored when I followed the work of LAMP through reading the LAMPLighter.


Even with all of LAMP’s ups and downs over the years (for the pilots – no pun intended), I am proud to be a “life member” of LAMP and look forward to hearing Les again. Last time I talked to Les was at the funeral of another old Walther Leaguer and staunch supporter of LAMP and original editor of the Lamplighter, Paul Scott.

Cheers, Erich Berndt

No comments: