Monday, May 10, 2010

40th Anniversary Greetings from Pastor Pilot Gerry Mitchinson and wife Dr Doreen Mitchinson

I regret that neither I nor my wife can join you for the 40th anniversary celebration of LAMP's ministry. I was a pastor pilot based in High Level, northern Alberta and my wife was a medical doctor there for over ten years in the early 70's. We have many fond memories of the special experiences during the time of our ministry there. I always appreciated LAMP's theology of stewardship. We were provided with good, reliable equipment while being expected to be responsible in our flying decisions. Of course, even with our stewardship we needed the protective help of the angels!

I not sure if I have totally forgiven Lester (Rev. Stahlke) for criticizing the first photos I did for LAMP's promotional work. He pointed out that the pictures lacked people in them. I kind of liked airplanes so I had restricted the pictures to the vehicle until he corrected me.

My memories have even filtered into one recurring dream where I forgot to return the airplane to LAMP. Let me know if it's not just a dream and I'll do some searching.

Blessings on your continued ministry in the Canadian North which, until the advent of LAMP with Lester's vision, was quite neglected by the Lutheran Church.

Pastor Gerry Mitchinson and Dr Doreen Mitchinson Victoria, B.C.

No comments: